[TowerTalk] Ring Rotor Location Advice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ring Rotor Location Advice
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Thu Jun 12 11:25:56 2003
Without knowing your application it's hard for anyone to make suggestions.
Do you intend to have a mast with antennas?  Are you turning the mast with
this ring?   If you do have a mast and another rotor turning it then why
would you want to put the ring at the top?   TIC rings are great because you
can place antennas almost anywhere on your tower and you can avoid
degradation of antenna patterns from them being too close to each other.  My
guys  are about a foot under my rings and I don't have any problem climbing
around them.  I use the ring as a step.   Maybe it's easier because mine are
installed on Rohn 65.

GL
John