Re: [TowerTalk] Birds on Antennas

To: <kd4e@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Birds on Antennas
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:34:24 -0400

I just bought two large rubber snakes.  I coil one around the lower mast and
the second I coil into the tower.  Seems to work here oceanfront, except for
the stray eagle that tries to catch and eat them.  I have them tie wrapped
with black ties, so the eagle gives up rather quickly and at least the same
eagle doesn't try again.  (The eagles are only here in the fall/winter
season and I built a landing feeding station on top of my 50' flag pole for
them to use.)

At least this scheme seems to keep the smaller birds, including Ospreys off
the antennas.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"