[TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:32:16 +0100
I had my guy anchors engineered by a PE as well.  Complete details will be
forthcoming
on my Website and I'll announce it here.

My 10 ft 8 inch I Beam 6 ft elevated guy anchors have a 1/2 inch thick,
rectangular
steel plate welded to the bottom of the I-Beam in the concrete.  This is a
requirement
for any elevated anchor so that upward force pulls at the concrete block.
The I-Beams
are specified as 8I23, meaning 8 inch face, weight = 23 pounds per linear
foot. All these
specs were established by the PE who designed my system.  They may or not
work
for your installation.

Al these design details must be specified by a PE who designs your guying
system specific
to the tower and antenna(s) mounted or to be mounted in the future to the
tower at the
rated wind speed and meet TIA/EIA-222-F, STRUCTURAL STANDARDS FOR STEEL
ANTENNA TOWERS AND ANTENNA SUPPORTING STRUCTURES.

Don't engineer your tower yourself, if you want to sleep at night.

Bill