[Towertalk] tower pulleys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] tower pulleys
From: k1uo@prexar.com (Larry Emery)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:04:14 -0400
I am trying to refurbish an EZ-Way 72ft HD tower and am in need of a =
source to change out a couple of wire rope pulleys that have worn down =
on one side over the years.  EZ-Way is of course out of business and all =
possible local sources dont deal in wire rope pulleys except the 'garage =
door' boys but those pulleys wouldn't stand the working pressures =
required.

The wire rope size used is 3/16 aircraft cable and the two sizes of =
pulleys are as follows:

2 1/2 in. overall diameter with a center bearing hole for a 3/8 in. =
bolt.  The pulley width is 3/8 in.

3 in. overall diameter with a center bearing hole for a 3/8 in. bolt.  =
The pully width is 3/8 in.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might get replacement wire rope =
pulleys as close to these sizes as possible?

Thanks es 73
Larry K1UO

multipart/alternative
  text/html