Re: [TowerTalk] antenna location for hurricane

To: "'Craig Clark'" <jcclark@myfairpoint.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna location for hurricane
From: "Joe Dubeck" <na9a@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:47:02 -0500
Craig-

I think the right answer depends on your antenna design. I'm in the process
of assembling an OptiBeam OB18-6 and its instructions say to aim the beam so
strong winds are perpendicular to the boom. "Hereby physical stress to the
full size elements is avoided and they'll last longer."

Good luck with Irene. She's a scary one.

73, Joe, NA9A