[TowerTalk] Tilt over Rohn 25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tilt over Rohn 25
From: jlhoffman@alltel.net (Lance)
Date: Wed Mar 19 18:49:19 2003
I have recently acquired some Rohn 25G sections which I plan to erect
soon.  I'm wondering if it would be of benefit to purchase the hinged base
plate to tilt the tower for antenna/rotor maintenance.  If so, what does the
group recommend as the maximum height to tilt such a tower?  I would
like the ability to tune, modify, etc, before mounting the antenna(s) on a
taller tower.

I'm getting anxious to get a few towers up.  I have moved from a location
directly across the street from a municipal airport where the maximum height
above ground for an antenna was 7.5 feet.  I'm now on 5+ acres, in the
country,
with only the thickness of my wallet as the limit above ground.  I've
acquired
100 feet of Rohn 55G with all guys, base plate, top plate and guy arms; 9
sections
of Rohn 25G, 6 sections of a Rohn-clone, a 30-foot hinge pole and a three
smaller towers.

      WN?L
Lance
jlhoffman@alltel.net