[TowerTalk] 9913

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 9913
From: "crawfish" <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:30:49 -0500
My only experience with 9913 is a bad one. Lightning blew it up (didn't faze
the 213) I had up. I fortunately had the services of people who worked in the
nuclear power field who had the proper knowledge and the necessary material to
insure that there would be no moisture to get in.I had everything properly
grounded. This was in 1989, and if I get serious again on VHF/UHF, I will go
with the LMR cables. I just don't like that coax pipe as a friend of mine calls
it.If I had been smart, I would have bought some W8ZD(now available from N8ET
at Kanga)matching transformers and used BIG 75 ohm cable TV hardline for 2 SSB
and 432 SSB. Good feedline costs money, but it is worth it when the bands are
marginal, when you need that extra dB or so.
                                                             Joe W4AAB