[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-8V and long control cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-8V and long control cable
From: Jim" <jdc@ieway.com (Jim)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:06:01 -0700
I use 500 feet of # 26 gauge 4 pair (8 conductor) on my DX Engineering
switch.  The resistance for such wire is found in the ARRL Handbook.   I
measured 25 Ohms per conductor (50 Ohms total). There is usually more than
enough voltage at the power supply box to overcome the losses. You can
figure it out by simple Ohms law.  The relays in my DX Engineering box are
about 250 Ohm coils as I remember.   You can buy 1000 foot box of this wire
at Graybar Electric or any other telephone supply house. Costs about  $
50.00 for 1000 feet.

73 and good luck

Jim W7RY