[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Printing QSL Info on Cards

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Printing QSL Info on Cards
From: aa6dx@pacbell.net (AA6DX)
Date: Wed Aug 13 23:05:33 2003
That is why I use Epson printers .. I can get the non-OEM  cartridges .. NEW
...  CHEAP .. and, in over 70+ cartridges, only had to throw ONE away .. my
cartridges cost about 3-5 bux apiece, and I don't get my fingers "dirty" ---
HIHIHI ...   Will print my own for this weekends AA6DX/Light operation from
Trinidad Head Lighthouse  (Far Northern California)  .. and, 8" X 10"
certificates, too...---   As to getting back to the tower (harrrrumph)
subject, the "tower" for this operation, holding a 3 el CC tribander, will
be an Alinco Roof Tower ... after all, we are operating from 300' or so
above the Pacific Ocean .. and another 20' or so above ground will be swell.
However .. in the wintry winds, would not be good idea.  The roof was blown
off of the USCG quarters there this last winter, ergo no one lives there now
.. and we (W6DSB) are taking a travel trailer up there as part of the
operation, which would be, a few months from now, highly NOT be recommended,
as to .. falling off the cliff ...
Going to stake down the tower, but not use an electric rotator ..rather, the
ARMSTRONG method.   The roof tower, ground mounted, will have a 10' mast
inserted, so total above "ground" --- errr...  make that "rock"  will be
approx 14 feet or so.   Dipoles will be held up at about 30' by push-ups and
masts.
Vertical will be GAP // mounted catch as catch can.   Any suggestions?
73 --- Mark, AA6DX  /LIGHT