Re: [TowerTalk] Preforms

To: "'Gregg Seidl'" <k9kl@centurytel.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Preforms
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:41:52 -0400
Preforms are an industry-standard product that doesn't loosen up over time
if correctly sized and installed. You must have had the wrong size,
defective grips, or they weren't installed correctly. I've got a friend with
preforms on his tower and they haven't loosened up in 20 years. Mine show no
sign of loosening up, either. Personally, I think grips are far superior to
cable clamps, which can deform the cable, can be installed incorrectly and
the screws can loosen up over time.

73, Dick WC1M