Fw: [TowerTalk] Drilling Chrome-Moly Steel w0yg@prolynx.com

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] Drilling Chrome-Moly Steel w0yg@prolynx.com
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:47:22 -0500
In a machine shop I used to drill 4140 Chrome-Moly with regular
High Speed Steel drill bits.  This was in a drill press, I know that it's
a lot tougher with a hand drill on a tower.  I still think a regular HSS
drill should work for you.  Be careful not to run it too fast and work
harden the surface and also use a cutting oil.
73,
John