[TowerTalk] Rplacement stud bolt

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rplacement stud bolt
From: ronc@sonic.net (Ron Castro)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:42:07 -0800
I put up a 555 in a very windy location several years ago, and I would not
recommend trying to install a new bolt in the existing foundation.  The
stress on the bolt in the wind is enormous, and even with top quality epoxy,
it might still pull out if the concrete suffered even a small crack of any
sort.  The original bolts are rather long "J" bolts that go down into the
middle of the 6 foot-deep base.  Your best course of action is to have a
good welding shop "move" the hole in such a way that structural integrity of
the T-bar is not compromised.  Even though your proposed method might work,
it sounds more expensive.

Ron, N6AHA