Re: [TowerTalk] stacking vertical 2 meter beams

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] stacking vertical 2 meter beams
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:23:49 -0500
I use a single 12 ele M2 here. It has been up 5 years or so. I have ospreys
( very large birds )that like to sit ALL THE WAY OUT ON THE TIP of the
antenna. It bends ever so slightly but bounces back fine. If I had put
something up of equal size by Cuschraft here ( especially if it didn't have
a boom support line of some kind ) it would be a pretzel by now.  The M2
does not have a support. It just takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.  I'm
very happy with it.  - Mike