[TowerTalk] Removing Oil from a Motor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Removing Oil from a Motor
From: w5kp@swbell.net (J. Kincade)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 06:07:13 -0500
Could be. 5 or 6 years ago, I'm pretty sure it was marked "1,1,1
Trichlorethane" on the can, but the new cans don't say what's in it.
Hmmm....  Up till a couple of years ago, you could buy 1,1,1 Trichloroethane
in cans at the paint stores, but not sure it's still available. I bought a
couple of extra cans of Gun Scrubber several months ago for my shop. Maybe
I'd best get down there and pick up another several "backup" cans while
there's still stock in the pipeline. It's been a great timesaver in my shop,
not to mention being the best gun degreaser/degunker I've ever used. Stinks
like hell until it's evaporated (but not as bad as Tolulene), not to mention
likely bad for your lungs/brain, so should only be used outside for sure.
Sorry, Sierra Club.
73, Jerry