[Towertalk] [OT] weatherproof tape for antennas?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] [OT] weatherproof tape for antennas?
From: NN7K@reno.rmci.net (NN7K@reno.rmci.net)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:02:53 -0700
88 tape? you gotta be kidding, the stuff is common electrical tape (Scotch
brand #88 tape), common as dirt.
best bet, tho is self vulcanizing (scotch #33, if i remember correctly),
this stuff you stretch to about 1-1/4 to 12-1/2 the length pulled off the
roll, then wind around what you want to seal, and because it self destructs
in sunlight, then cover it with 88 tape. this will weatherproof for several
years, as info, jim nn7k

Ken Hopper sent:Subject: [Towertalk] [OT] weatherproof tape for antennas?