[TowerTalk] Beam Suggestions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beam Suggestions
From: <k8jdc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:11:28 -0400
All,

     I have been doing some research on putting up what will really be my first
beam and I'm looking for suggestions.  Due to the possibility that I might be
moving in the next year, I'm considering putting a 9-ft Glen Martin roof tower
on my current house (roof peak at about 17 feet).  I've been researching
smallish beams for this installation, but I don't have experience with any of
them and am looking for any inputs from the towertalkers.

 This is certainly not an all-inclusive list, but I've done some reading on:
     - Cushcraft MA5B
     - Force 12 C-3SS
     - Mosley (Mini-33, TA-33 Jr, MP-33)
     - Butternut HF5B

     I've also looked into two larger antennas, the Tennadyne T-6 and a 3L
Steppir.  (Long story, but I've been hoping to put up a Steppir after a move to
a new property, so I considered just getting a Steppir now and not using the
minibeam.)  For various reasons, I probably won't pursue the larger antenna in
my current situation, but I thought I would at least mention it.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/recommendations.

Dave / K8JDC