Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Bolts

To: "'Phil Camera'" <kb9cry@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Bolts
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:48:45 -0500
>Finally of course this is something you inspect during your annual
maintenance climb up the tower.  We all do that, right?

Well, the obvious answer for most is very rarely.  I may be the exception
since I regularly climb.  My experience is that if a tower is assembled
according to spec and using good, mechanical skills, one need not worry
about problems unless the tower has been exposed to harsh weather conditions
such as 100mph winds and/or icing.  By far, the most critical thing to
inspect on a guyed tower is the guys and their attachments, both on the
tower and on the guy anchors.

73, Keith NM5G