[TowerTalk] My Ameritron Switch Problem Solved

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] My Ameritron Switch Problem Solved
From: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:58:12 -0500
Well folks, it pains me to admit it, but my problem is apparently a poorly
soldered Pl259.  The more I have troubleshot the problem the easier it has
become to recreate.  It is now at the point where I can create the problem on
demand by pressing the cable in certain directions and fix it by pressing it in
another direction.  I did not get a chance to replace the PL259 yesterday due
to a medical emergency within my family.  Hopefully, today it will not be too
cold to solder outside.  I really don't want to lay the tower over and unbundle
all the cables so I can solder inside.

I received 20 replies to my plea for help.  All but one was sent to Towertalk
and that one was from a local ham in the form of a quick email.  His analysis
was a flakey Pl259 and so it was.  Every email contained some really good ideas
on weird things that can be wrong. Thank each and everyone of you for your time
and patience,  Happy Holidays.

Pat, K8PC
PS:  This may be posted twice today since the first attempt bounced and is
awaiting the moderator.