Re: [TowerTalk] Cable TV hardline question

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable TV hardline question
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:54:28 -0700
From: "SJ W3TX" <superberthaguy@adelphia.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 6:35 PM
> So the question is, is the 75ohm aluminum shielded hardline of good
quality
> or not?  Is it acceptable for running trunklines to the beverages? How
long
> will it last buried not inside a pipe?

Can someone explain the difference between 75 ohm aluminum shielded
hardline and "plain old 75 ohm TV coax"? I was given two partial rolls
OF 0.4 inch DIAMETER aluminum shielded, white core insulation coax.  One
roll is labeled Commscope along with a telephone handset imprinted on
the jacket.  The other roll has no identification but does include a
messenger wire embedded in the outer jacket.

I estimate perhaps 500' of this coax and I do have a tower 300' from the
shack that as yet is not connected.  I have been thinking of using
BuryFlex for this run but can this free coax possibly be better?  Should
I give these two rolls away and go with something well defined?

K7PUC