Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting Aluminum

To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@copper.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting Aluminum
From: "Frederick M. Mott" <ab8ah@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 10:39:41 -0500
Many years ago I bought a 10 inch Craftsman carbide tip blade for Aluminum
from Sears and I have used it making rack panels and also cutting Aluminum
tubing and aluminum bars for many ham projects.  The blade is very similar
to a fine cutting carbide tip blade for wood, which I have used for 1/8
Aluminum sheets.  To cut 1/2 inch X 2 inch aluminum you have to cut at a
1/32 to 1/16 depth at each pass.  The end result, if you are careful is a
nice clean cut that needs to be slightly filed and sanded for the
professional look.  Fred AB8AH