Re: Re: [TowerTalk] tower climbers xmas gift

To: "(Reflector) TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [TowerTalk] tower climbers xmas gift
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:08:58 -0500
  From: hdmc38@bellsouth.net
  To: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com ; Chuck Gooden
  Cc: TowerTalk List
  Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 7:35 AM

  1 wrench vs 10 that belt can get awful heavy after some time up top.Last time
I went up to install a rotor cable for my G 1000DXA when I went to slip the
weather boot on I noticed the metal sleeve for the plug cover was loose.You
know I didn't have a screwdriver that small with me!Down & back up Less weight
more use sounds good to me.

                                Joe KG4VBR

  > From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
  > Date: 2003/11/25 Tue AM 12:32:02 EST
  > To: Chuck Gooden <cgooden@insightbb.com>
  > CC: TowerTalk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
  > Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower climbers xmas gift
  >
  > ...ever gotten to the top and found you did not have the right sized
  > wrench?  Sometimes the stuff on the top of the tower will go untouched
  > for years and if you have something other than 1/4" (7/16 wrench) or
  > 5/16" (1/2 inch wrench) that adjustable metric wrench sure looks good!
  >
  > :-)
  >
  > K4OJ
  >

  > Chuck Gooden wrote:
  > > Although I do not work on towers extensively but, I must ask why
  > > anyone working at extreme heights would want to use a cresent
  > > wrench (otherwise known as a knukle buster) ?
  > >

  > > On 24 Nov 2003 at 7:19, FireBrick wrote:
  > >

  > >>Just found a great product for us antenna/tower types.
  > >>At Ace hardware, they now sell a work glove, fingerless leather with a
  > >>magnetic patch over the back of the hand portion.
  > >>The magnetic patch will hold screws, washers etc.
  > >>
  > >>Obviously won't hold copper/brass or a large crescent wrench. :-)

  > >>We were born naked, wet and hungry. Then things got worse.
  > >>
  > >>Bill H. in Chicagoland

  JOE PATRICK
  SENIOR PLUMBING/MECHANICAL
  INSPECTOR CITY OF BOYNTON BEACH