[TowerTalk] grounding to tower legs

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] grounding to tower legs
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 08:27:15 -0500
I've got the 2 new towers in cement and buried the conduit in the cement.One
for feedlines, 4 inches and 3 for grounding the legs.What is the way to
connect a ground wire to those legs?I've used those clamps on my other
towers and they seem to work well.I have some that show no loss on my ohm
meter after 19 years of use.But,is there a better way?Those clamps don't
have a very big hole for the wire,I think maybe an 8 or 6 gauge is it.I
think I used 8 gauge because I had it.I don't think I'm doing it to grade
but I'm doing the grounding the best I can with what I have.I'm willing to
take the risk.Besides if you take a direct shot there is little that can be
done,SOMETHING will get fried. Any ideas?  Gregg  K9KL