[TowerTalk] Combining ant elevation pattern data withpropagation predic

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Combining ant elevation pattern data withpropagation predictionsto produce a contest bandplan
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins K1TTT)
Date: Wed May 21 09:03:20 2003
I think you missed one small factor.  You have to consider how many
contesters are on the other end of each path.  Figuring a great figure
of merit to zd8 is good, but if it only produces one qso its not much
use... on the other hand a lower fom for dl could produce dozens of
qso's in a half hour period.

And then of course you have to consider the solar factor... all the
predictions you can make before a contest go out the window when a
coronal hole rotates into view or the first little flare stirs up the
ionosphere.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net