[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000 rotor

To: "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000 rotor
From: "John Hudson" <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:11:32 -0600
I just put my STEPPIR and G-1000 up on a new tower (TX-455) and I got a
problem and I think I know what it is but want to run it by everyone else

While it was down I took the rotor apart and cleaned all the old grease out
and checked the bearing traces. Cleaned it out and regreased. At this point
let me say there was a  time lapse between cleaning and installing and
several things happened here at the home front and I do not know/think (or
at least remember) checking it out on the bench (Here lies the problem L   )
so after getting it mounted, STEPPIR mounted and finally getting the tower
vertical, the rotor only turns about 45 degrees (approx 275 -320 degrees)

What I think happened is I installed the upper housing out of sync and now
the limit switches are not being hit correctly. OR the rotor is centered
(according to the predrilled holes) but the clamps are off center and it's
binding in the sleeve at the top of the TX-455. BTW I have a 22' chrome
molly and a TB-3 thrust bearing mounted on top. Now I had to drill the
mounting holes for the TB-3 but there was little to no room to screw that
up. All the hole are aligned to the TB-3 and looks even.

My guess is I did not align the upper housing correct

Any suggestions would be appreciated prior to attacking the tower, again!

Thanks

John

KO4XJ

MERRY CHRISTmas