[Towertalk] 3 high stack results

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 3 high stack results
From: ve6yc@shaw.ca (Peter Larsen)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:52:34 -0600
>VE6JY: In my opinion, that low antenna won't add much in a stack
As Don is a big time contester up north of me, his opinion is
like gold.

>W9RE: I think you are kidding yourself if you think that will
>             make much difference
Another vote against.

>W2UP: In your case, I don't think that low antenna will do you
>             much good because:
>1. I'm on the east coast and your not. You need lower angles.
>2. The "lower is best" scenario is fading away with the sunspots
Another vote against. East coast guys can work runs into Europe,
and we don't (read I) even hear them :-(

>N4KG: I'd stay with 2 antennas on a 72 ft tower
Another vote against.
Am I seeing a pattern here?

As I was just day dreaming about the stack, and don't have
the second antenna, never mind the third. I think I will just
beam at 48 feet, and leave the stack for the next peak.

Thanks all for your help.
Peter
VE6YC