[TowerTalk] Wires in trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wires in trees
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:25:35 -0500
I use a fishing rod and reel.  A 1" x 3/8" carriage bolt with a matching nut
works great.  Just cast it through the choice spot and the bolt drops to the
ground every time.  Use the fishing line to pull up the rope supports.

When you miss the choice spot, just break the line, pull the line back
through, re-tie the bolt and try it again.  I have never had to cast more
than 3 times to get the limb I want.  The fishing line has never been
tangled in the trees.  The KISS method at its best...

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----