Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline

To: <wf3h@comcast.net>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:33:36 -0500

> OK I know this has the potential to open a can of worms, but I'm going to
> put up a nice tower about 100->200' from the station.  I need a good
> feedline that is low loss and easy to work with. Hardline is not an
>  >option.

You didn't say how high a tower and you did not say why hardline is not an
option, but you did say good, low loss feedline which requires making a
number of assumptions.  As you said, good and low loss I'm going to make the
assumption that you are not budget limited as you are looking at 160 to 260
feet of feed line for just a 60 foot tower 100 to 200 feet from the house.
That'd be 200 to 300 feet of feed line for a 100 foot tower soooo...I'm in
agreement with others who have already mentioned the Times Wire LMR-600 for
VHF.  Actually with a 300 foot run I'd go with the stuff on high HF and use
LMR 400 for 160, 75, and 40.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com