Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted vee characteristics

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@copper.net>,"Richard DiDonna NN3W" <nn3w@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted vee characteristics
From: "Merlin-7 KI4ILB" <merlin-7@sc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:50:46 +0100

> >Is there an angle that is really too narrow for an inverted vee (i.e.,
less than 90 or 60 degrees) that winds up making the antenna essentially two
verticals fed from the top?

My antenna is a dipole at 60 degrees with 3 elements on each side, 66' 33'
and 16' before tuning..

It is east west broadside to the antenna, however working north,south
stations  does not seem to be a problem. it is almost an omni but seems to
be more of an egg shape, with the ends pointing east, west.

 However that said, there has only been one station in the last year that I
could hear but could not work. This is with a stock TS-440s at 100 watts.
 I am a big fan of " the more wire in the sky, the better"

 The only other station that I know of, that can work stations better near
me is..WA4USN and we use a butternut antenna there...OK so the station is on
the USS Yourktown, with many tons of steel, sitting in salt water. Talk
about a near perfect location...

My 2 cents..
 Joe
 KI4ILB