Re: [TowerTalk] Repair HD-BX Tower?

To: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>,"Mike Lafferty W2TB" <mikelafferty@verizon.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Repair HD-BX Tower?
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:42:36 -0400
With all due respect. I would favor the stainless. The stress in this area
of the tower is many times less than the rating for the given diameter of
stainless.  Not having to deal with rust that may migrate to the tower legs
is a really important factor.  Many times you can't see underneath the paint
which would make that method risky.

I believe the revits are aluminum so that should tell you a lot about the
stress concern.  Just my two cents. I'm not the God of stainless steel bolts
;-)

enjoy,
dave
wa3gin