Re: [TowerTalk] C31 - 1 feed line or 3

To: "'JC Smith'" <jc-smith@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31 - 1 feed line or 3
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 16:01:27 -0400
JC,

The issue with "at the feedpoint" vs. Force 12's specifications
which call for 100' of coax is LOSS.  Loss in the coax, even 1 dB
in 100' for RG-213 at 28 MHz, causes the apparent SWR and SWR
bandwidth to be significantly better than it really is.

An antenna system with feedline loss of 3 dB (100' of RG-58 on
10 meters) will never show a SWR worse than 3:1 - no matter how
bad the antenna really is.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV