Re: [TowerTalk] WHOLE HOUSE SURGE SUPRESSORS

To: "'Dale M. Schwartz'" <dale@immlawfirm.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WHOLE HOUSE SURGE SUPRESSORS
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 21:26:03 -0800
I have no special expertise to advise you.

I'm planning to include such a device in my next (pending) construction.  We
have a lot of electronic devices in a modern home and the prices add up.

I think for $9 monthly they're supposed to replace the replaceable elements
as they're damaged, forever, so I guess it's a function of how often the
destructive surges occur. My inclination is to buy my own, then I'm not
dependent on the reliability of the local power company, or their price
increases.   I've seen how quickly they jump on RFI complaints.

Dick, K6KR