[TowerTalk] DX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DX
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:27:07 -0800
Yes, that was a good idea, Larry. I was appalled by how
undisciplined the pileup was on 30M CW. It was if everyone
was calling blindly not listening to the DX station at all. They
would come back to a very specific callsign and everyone
continued to call as if by some slim chance they thought the
VP8 had busted their callsign so thoroughly as to morph it
into something completely unrelated (DL9XYZ was just a
busted version of N6ABC, yeah right). You could tell that
all this stupidity was really slowing down the VP8. I can't
understand how people can be so stupid so as to think that
calling over the top of a station which the DX has clearly
answered will increase their chances of getting through.

Makes me ashamed to be a ham.