[TowerTalk] To Bury or Not to Bury

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] To Bury or Not to Bury
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:12:14 -0500
>From back in my Telco days, I remember a conversation with a bunch of
linemen & cable splicers about where cables ought to be. In the air,
ice weighs 'em and brings 'em down, in the ground backhoes get 'em. On
the ground mowers get 'em. In the air hunters shoot 'em. On the ground
thieves cut 'em up. In the ground trenchers get 'em. In the air,
wrecks cut the poles out from under 'em. In the ground moles knaw on
'em. In the air squirrels knaw on 'em. On the ground everything knaws
on 'em.

Consensus: put 'em in the center of a concrete filled trench.

73, Guy