Re: [TowerTalk] Freestanding tower, narrow city lot

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Freestanding tower, narrow city lot
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:01:32 -0500
   I chair P&Z in our city, and I authored our Telecommunications ordinance
that pertain to towers.  As it was simply common sense, we implemented a
200' limit with a 1:1 aspect ratio on larger lots.  On smaller city lots,
and we have some small ones, if the applicant wants a variance above the 1:1
aspect ratio, we then consider the adjoining property owners rights and
listen to their view(s).  Within the limits of the law, and with safety our
greatest concern, I would always try to do as much as we can for the
applicant.  We may push back on a guyed tower in favor of a HD self
supporting or crank up design. Large to long boom antennas that violate the
adjoining property airspace is a separate issue.  If they are lucky enough
to apply with their neighbors approval in hand, that helps our lattitude
immensely up to the limits of PRB1 that we would or could agree too...

Mike K9MK/5