[Towertalk] re: fuel pump noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] re: fuel pump noise
From: Jerry Connelly" <jerryc@clinchrivercorp.com (Jerry Connelly)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:55:06 -0400
Thanks and sorry about the wrong reflector for this.
My old vehicle was a 97 Jeep Cherokee.  Just replaced
it with a 99.  Both are company lease vehicles so I have to
be careful what I do to them for personal use.
The FT-100D is the latest version and the noise is there with
and without the remote kit installed (haven't wired the remote
kit in the new jeep yet).  I do have the radio bonded to the frame.
I thought it was the fuel pump because it whines for 1 to 2 seconds
then stops when you first turn the key on (builds fuel pressure) then
stops until you start the jeep.  One started its a steady whine and
does not vary with engine rpm as ignition or alternator would do.
It still operates well but it is annoying on any mode other than fm.
Thanks
JerryC  KC8TES