[TowerTalk] mechanical construction of 80m vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mechanical construction of 80m vertical
From: tge@supanet.com (Ian)
Date: Mon Mar 17 14:29:44 2003
Hi.

I'd like to replace my bent and buckled 67ft vertical (built out of junk)
with a more sturdy version. In the UK I can get 6m (19.6ft) lengths of
aluminium tubing but the question is what size/guage of tubing should I go
for to balance stength with ease of putting the thing up in the air -
perferably  by walking it up single handed. Has anyone had experiences
building a vertical or even a larger one that could be linear loaded for
160m..

thanks

Ian GM0TGE