[Towertalk] UST TX-455

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] UST TX-455
From: n2smt@ieee.org (Kenneth M. Brockel)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:49:53 -0400
I recently purchased a new TX-455 from US Towers and and need to sell
and trade up to an HDX-555. After going through the building permit
process with my local building inspector, it turns out the UST only
specs there towers to the UBC97 building code and my township requires
BOCA96 requirements. Before I purchased the tower, I brought the tower
information I had to the building inspector and didn't see a problem at
first glance. Once I made the purchased the tower, I received the
engineering documentation, and the building inspector notified me of the
problem. I contracted a local professional engineer to study the
difference and found that the TX-455 will not work for BOCA96 in my
township when it's fully extended. The only possibly solution for me at
this time to purchase a HDX-555 from UST and possibly find a buyer for
the TX to offset the cost difference. If there anybody interest in a new
TX-455, please pass the word! The tower is still in it's shippable state
and ready for delivery.

Any questions or suggestions for re-sale, please feel to email or
contact me via telephone.

73, de Ken, N2SMT
732.922.3516
n2smt@ieee.org