Re: [TowerTalk] Replying in digest mode

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replying in digest mode
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:43:29 -0400
I was on the mail server this morning using "Web Mail" to check my accounts.
I noted this address had a bunch of quarantined messages.  For some reason
the spammers keep the addresses on this list up-to-date, or at least they do
mine. That means the filters are set tight.

As I was scanning the messages for false positives, which I do maybe once
every month or two, I noted the word "Digest" along with "Tower Talk".  I
thought it had been nice that everyone was using meaningful subjects and
here it was just the filters stripping those messages out.  So I found this
thread by accident and I see it's not been going on long.

>> If you are receiving TowerTalk in *digest* mode, don't repost the entire
>> digest back to the group! Trim your message to the specific topic you are
>> replying to.

Basically if it has the word "digest" in the subject line I quite likely
won't see it for maybe a month or two.  If there are a lot of quarantined
messages I won't see them at all.

> I second this.  The digest is for your convenience.  Please don't make the
> other 400 of us dig through a bunch of krappe for your convenience.  I'm
> with the guy who said "if DIGEST then DELETE."  Life is too short.  If you
> want us to read it, take the extra 10 seconds to edit it and change the
> subject line.  Thanks,

Amen!  If it has the word "Digest" left in the subject line I'm unlikely to
ever see it as it won't even get to me.
To read this post I'll have to go to Web Mail on the ISP's server, log into
this mail account, and then check for quarantined items.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com