[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch info wanted

To: "TOWERTALK" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch info wanted
From: "Brad Anbro" <n9en@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 15:43:26 -0000
Hello all,

I am getting ready to "retire" an overloaded Tailtwister
rotator with a "small" prop pitch motor (9,576:1 reduction
ratio) and was wondering about a couple of details in
regards to putting it in service.

I was thinking about putting a light coating of low-temp
grease on the gear surfaces inside the gear housing, as
I understand that it's not advisable to fill it with oil, due
to the motor being mounted in a vertical position. Is that
an advisable thing to do?

Also, I am planning on operating the motor on 24 volts
D.C. and was wondering how large of a DC power supply
will be needed. Does anyone know what the normal
current draw (in D.C. amps at 24 volts) would be for this
motor?

Thanks for any help!

73 de Brad, N9EN @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL)®