Re: [TowerTalk] Feedlines: inside or out on tower?

To: "'Jeff DePolo'" <jd0@broadsci.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedlines: inside or out on tower?
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:40:34 -0400
There's another reason to run cables inside the tower: protection.
Maintenance often requires that you haul tools, parts, buckets, antennas,
etc., up the tower with a rope. The stuff at the end of the rope often bumps
into the tower on the way up, and you don't want something heavy or sharp
damaging your cables. Running the cables inside the tower avoids this.

Also, I think it's slightly easier to climb when the cables are inside the
tower, but that depends on the cables and where they are on the tower.

It's pretty easy to string anything up to 7/8" heliax inside the tower,
though you might need to use a rope and pulley for the heavier stuff. Not
sure how feasible it is to haul larger heliax.

73, Dick WC1M