[Towertalk] cable TV hardline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] cable TV hardline
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:17:53 -0300
Tom,

I don't doubt for a minute you do this.   When I first heard of this
procedure many years ago I thought people were playing a joke on me til I
saw it for myself @ VE1ZZ's QTH. (make that VE1ZZ's antenna FARM).
This fellow has MILES of wire and who knows how much hardline strung in the
air over many acres of land,
up and down hills, over small ponds, you name it, he's got it.

Doesn't seem to have hurt HIS signal any.

I can hear Jack on 160m with no antenna connected....(well, almost ;-)

Oh yeah, I have done the same here with the hardline a few times as well !

Mike VE9 Antenna Antenna