Re: [TowerTalk] Carolina Windom with IC-737

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Carolina Windom with IC-737
From: "Mike, K6BR" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 20:13:12 -0700
Dave, you are correct if you read my other comments in the thread you will
see that I am in agreement and that the losses are very low even with a high
SWR with a Carolina Windom.  It is not a Dipole where a high SWR across its
operating frequency usually indicates a problem.  As designed the Carolina
Windom has a high SWR usually greater than 2:1 so a tuner will have to be
used with modern radios.  In answer to the original question that Reid asked
I just think an auto ATU would or could be challenged to match a Carolina
Windom's high SWR reliably.

Mike