[Towertalk] Ham M slippage?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ham M slippage?
From: GEORGE PRITCHARD <ab2kc@optonline.net> (GEORGE PRITCHARD)
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 01:19:03 -0500
Thanks to all who responded. The rotor is pinned to the mast pipe, so the mast
cannot slip in the U-bolts. When the rotor "slipped", the control indicator
always matched the slippage, so I know that it was the rotor slipping and not
any of the U- bolts. I actually watched the indicator move about 30 degrees in
two seconds and stop during the big wind gusts. I suppose if the wedge slipped
over the bell houising during the wind gusts, and that all the gears moved as
well as the motor shaft. I think I'm lucky that the gear teeth were not sheared
off. All seems fine today. The wedge brake holds the rotor when I power the
motor while leaving the brake engaged for a quick test, but I'm sure this is no
comparison to the wind stress experienced the other night.The cubex heavy duty
1.5 inch rigid spreaders are really strong, I hope it all stands up to ice
George AB2KC

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---