[TowerTalk] finding resonant frequency of a shunt-fed tower for 160

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] finding resonant frequency of a shunt-fed tower for 160
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:26:50 -0500
I'm interested in this too, so will jump in now.  My main question now is:

I have a C31XR at 72 ft - The elements are -not- grounded.  Thus I assume
much less (or none?) capacitance hat effect.  I therefore assume I can still
work out a shunt feed for -some- frequency(s), but they will likely be
higher freq than if I had grounded elements and therefore more capacitance
at the top?

What do you think would be reasonable to shoot for with a 70 ft tower with
the ungrounded elements of the C31?  40M?  Maybe 80M?  Doubt 160M??  Pete,
I'd be interested in whatever appraoch you end up taking with your project
too!  Thanks