Re: [TowerTalk] FS: Work Platform WARNING!!!! KB4IDC IS A SLEAZYSELLER!!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FS: Work Platform WARNING!!!! KB4IDC IS A SLEAZYSELLER!!!
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:57:37 -0500
WARNING!!!  DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH KB4IDC

CONSIDER THIS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT AND WARNING
NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM KB4IDC

In June I agreed to purchase some rohn torque arms and rohn guy brackets
that had been
cold galvanized, along with the rohn hardware for same.

What I received was:

1) Torque arms with LARGE Burrs and metal slag
2) Torque arms with metal wires that had NOT been removed
before the cold galvanizing spray was applied - so they are on for good
3) UNSAFE GRADE 2 nuts and bolts, NOT the ROHN SPEC GRADE 5
bolts which are standard for these items.  This was CONFIRMED by tower talk
subscribers!
4) UNSAFE GRADE 2 nuts and bolts, NOT the ROHN NUTS/BOLTS (hardware) for the
Inner Brackets.
5) One inner bracket that KB4IDC made with two holes drilled SO CLOSE
to each other that it is likely the tiny metal space in-between would break
and compromise the guy system!

NONE OF THESE PROBLEMS & OMISSIONS WERE DISCLOSED AND NONE WERE
VISIBLE IN THE PHOTOGRAPHS!

When I sent an angry email describing the omissions and misrepresentations
and a demand
for a FULL REFUND here is what happened:

Did I get an apology?  NO!
Did I get an offer to provide the agreed upon hardware?  NO!  I got response
that
said he ( A METAL FABRICATOR, NO LESS!!) did not know that they were
supposed to be
Grade 5 Bolts and instead gave me the name of someone at Rohn SO THAT I
COULD
BUY THEM (AGAIN!) !
Did I get a refund? NO!  He said that he would NOT take them back and that I
should never
email him again!

I have the emails and would be glad to forward them to anyone that is
interested.

If he had any sense of responsibility for HIS errors and misrepresentations,
KB4IDC
SHOULD have offered me the FULL REFUND, but I would have considered
A) His providing me the CORRECT hardware that he was supposed to provide in
the first place
and a partial refund and another Inner Bracket PROPERLY DRILLED!
B) A partial refund so that I could buy the hardware that he was supposed to
provide
C) A reduced purchase price that would take into account the problems
mentioned above.

However, he chose to do NOTHING except and accept NO responsibility!

I was RIPPED OFF!  In 9 years of buying things from sellers on Towertalk and
QTH.NET I have NEVER run into a situation where someone who omitted, erred
or
misrepresented items would not cheerfully take them back for a full refund.

In selling more than 1000 items in Ebay I have never had so much as Neutral.
I believe in FULL DISCLOSURE and I practice it.

KB4IDC FAILS TO DISCLOSE defects and problems, MISREPRESENTS items, makes
mistakes
and then STICKS YOU THE BUYER with results.  His manner is
IRRESPONSIBLE AND SLEAZY and you should AVOID dealing with him!

Frankly, for his willful and intentional conduct and REFUSAL to make this
right,
I think he should be thrown off this reflector!

I would be very interested to know how the rest of you would feel if you had
been shafted
by someone who MISREPRESENTED his stuff for sale on THIS reflector and then
REFUSED
to deal with it.

Bob Shohet, KQ2M