RE: [TowerTalk] New antenna system

To: "'Jerry Keller'" <k3bz@arrl.net>,"'(Reflector) TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] New antenna system
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:16:20 -0500

> From: Jerry Keller [mailto:k3bz@arrl.net]
>
> The physically smaller antenna is also easier to put up
> and keep up, which is an important consideration for many.

A 10 inch difference in turning radius between a 12' and 16'
boom three element antenna isn't significant ... not with a
turning radius in the 19' range.  I don't think the 2' 3"
difference in between 24' and 32' booms for a four element
antenna are that big a difference either ... that's only a
10% change.

Remember, no matter which design it starts with a 36' (tip
to tip) element.  That sets the foundation for size and if
one can't handle the basic element one's choices are very
quickly reduced to antennas like Force 12's C3SS, CushCraft
MA5 or other reduced performance antenna.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK