[TowerTalk] Battle creek

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Battle creek
From: wa9eka@worldnet.att.net (Roger Borowski - K9RB)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:04:26 -0400
The Minooka special was originally designed by Barry Boothe - W9UCW, who
lived in Minooka, Illinois at the time.
The Battle Creek Special is essentially, as I understand it, is a Minooka
special that breaks down into smaller pieces to make it easier to transport
to various remote DX-pedition locations. I don't remember who was
responsible for this, although he did live in Battle Creek, Michigan, thus
the renaming.
There were many articles written about them both. Old QST's would probably
uncover many of these including Barry's original article back in the late
50's.
Barry now resides in south Texas and If you wish to contact him directly,
I'll be happy to check with him if it is OK to pass along his e-mail address
or phone number. Let me know. He and I frequently sked on HF and exchange
e-mails.
73, -= Roger-K9RB =-  wa9eka@worldnet.att.net