RE: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please

To: <keith@dutson.net>, <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:46:06 -0400

> Not sure what you are saying about the C-4XL regarding linear

Mechanical problems with breakage (and apparently stretching)
of the alumoweld wire in ice/wind.  Similar self-detuning of
the unsupported "helical hairpin" apparently due to vibration
and/or thermal cycling.

> BTW, does your SteppIR cover 7 MHz?  I thought that was only
> covered on the new MonstIR.

My three element SteppIR will have the same 7 MHz capability
as a C4 ... and it will have 10 MHz capability as well.  It
is my own design and will be the subject of a magazine (and/or
possibly web) article.

Only the MonstIR has "gain" capability on 7/10 MHz at the
present time.  SteppIR are working on other solutions to
7/10 MHz capability in a smaller footprint/lower performance
product but they have not completed their work or publicly
announced any details.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK