[Towertalk] Two killed when Dresser television tower falls in western Ne

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Two killed when Dresser television tower falls in western Nebraska
From: vk2lee@maxnet.net.au (Lee Noonan)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:24:16 +1000
Gary
        I believe He meant it was the LAST "Dresser" tower erected.......
[not  still standing]....I could be wrong.....
There was an AM radio station tower bought down a few years ago , about
100kms from where I live, when a Helicopter took out one or more of the
guys, not sure whether it was the Helicopter's Main Blades or the tail
rotor, but it was captured on Video by someone a safe distance away. I can't
remember whether the Helicopter was being used to inspect the guys etc or
whether they didn't see the tower until it was too late... All of the tower
came crashing down in seconds.....
All of the TV towers I have seen over here have 4 legs and are free
standing.....
Does the US have High Definition Digital TV?   Australia is changing over to
this medium TOTALLY within the next 6 years..
First, We had to throw our Analogue Cell Phones away, as We HAD to go with
Digital Cell phones..... now its TVs...
I just saw a nice Plasma  widescreen HDTV for $15987 -00...... or at the
other end of the scale... a nice "normal" widescreen Digital TV for
$3396-00.... a lot of our TV movies etc are now in "Widescreen"... which
really means "short screen" as You have about 2 - 3 inches of black at the
top & bottom of the screen.....  and thats progress.....
Apologies for the random Bandwidth....
73
Lee VK2LEE