Re: [TowerTalk] URI magic antennas

To: <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] URI magic antennas
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:44:34 -0400
> I agree that the track record for recently announced
amazing new antenna
> inventions has been poor, but are you really asserting
that there will
> be no new antenna designs from here on?

There will certainly be new antenna designs, there just
won't be any new science involved in small antennas beyond
minimizing conductor resistance and maximizing effective
linear radiation area.

Everything "invented" today (that actually works) has never
re-written any of the old rules. K1TTT explained it pretty
well.

73 Tom